Give the gift of knitting this Christmas! Here is our guide for gift ideas for that friend or family member who you know would love knitting but just needs an encouraging prompt to get started. We’ve hand picked some items that would be helpful for the beginner knitter and we hope these ideas will make the start of their knitting journey that bit more enjoyable.
1. Knit How from Pom Pom Quarterly is an easy to use and beautifully presented guide to knitting. It includes ten patterns each progressing in skill level with technique illustrations and useful tips.
2. Guys Knit The Instruction Manual is a beginners book aimed specifically at the male market to break apart the dusty stereotypes and to show that knitting is in no way a gendered past time.
3. Something New to Learn About Cables contains easy to follow tutorials and patterns to master knitting cables for the first time.
4. Button and Blue Knitting Kits are beginner friendly kits with everything needed to make some very cute mittens or beanies for a little one. This also includes a techniques guide as a handy reference for all the basic knitting techniques needed for a variety of projects.
5. Beginner Mitts Kit. These mitts are the perfect project to learn the basics of knitting through and the kit comes with everything needed to make getting started easy.
6. Wool and The Gang Crazy Sexy Wool is a good chunky yarn for a first knitting project and it comes in a wide range of colours. Pair with some 12mm needles and get them started on a simple scarf or snood like this one.
7. Knitting essentials. How about a little bundle of useful items like scissors, needle gauge, tapestry needles and stitch markers.
8. Fringe Supply Co. Field Bag the perfect project bag to make knitting and storing that first project a joy.
9. Pom Maker. The sweetest wooden pom pom makers sourced from sustainable forests. Useful to have in the project bag for bobble hats or for all those pom pom needs.