Put your hands up if you’re still stuck in the midst of your Christmas shopping! You might think this post comes in a tad late but let’s face it, even with the intention of getting it all done early most of us are still sorting out our last gifts. If the first purchases feel relatively easy the inspiration always seems to runs dry as Christmas approaches. To help you get your juices flowing we’ve rounded up a selection of gift ideas for all budget and skills including yarns, books, projects bags and accessories.
- Learn To Knit – Beginner Kit Mitts – A perfect gift for beginners wanting to tackle their first project. The pattern in this kit has been designed for complete beginners and is exactly the one we use in our Learn To Knit workshop.
- Knitmas Crackers – Our take on the traditional Christmas cracker. Packed with useful bit and bobs that will thrill knitters and crocheters alike. Each cracker contains one mini skein of sock yarn, one Soak travel sachet, two stitch markers, a hat and a joke.
- ChiaoGoo Interchangeable Needle Set – Knitters loves their tools. A lot. This set includes beautiful bamboo needle tips and nylon cables. Combine them together to create circular needles of all sizes and lengths. The ultimate present for knitters building their needles collection.
- Interweave 100 Knits – An Amazing compendium of 100 knitting patterns for both men and women. The collection covers pretty much any accessory and garment you could think of.
- Erika Knight – Crochet Workshop – An essential read for beginner crocheters. This well illustrated book encompasses all the basics as well as an extensive stitch dictionary and pattern collection.
- Knit Like a Latvian Socks – Socks from Knit Like a Latvian are like no others. Their highly decorative cuffs feature intricate colour work, lace and texture – sometimes combining them all at once.
Category: project bag.
- Holiday Field Bag – A limited edition Field Bag with a beautiful toffee-coloured print by Jen Hewett.
- Cecile Garcia x YAK Project Bag – Our special collaboration with textile artist Cecile Garcia. Hand-made in Brighton by Cecile herself this project bag will appeal to those who love to shop local.
- YAK Project Bag – A medium-size project bag featuring our beloved YAK lady.
- Qing Glitter Sock – With its 5% stellina content Glitter Sock creates a beautiful sparkly fabric. Maybe the most festive yarn in our selection.
- Barcombe Romney 4ply – A beautiful semi-lustrous yarn made from 100% romney wool raised and spun in Sussex.
- Qing Melted Baby Suri – This unsual blend of 65% baby Suri alpaca 20% merino and 15% silk knits up as a heavy 4ply and has a super soft boucle-like handle. We love how each colourways look like delicate watercolours.
Hope this helped? If you’re still unsure remember that we also sell gift cards that can be used both online and in store. Last but not least our opening hours will be slightly altered around Christmas and New Year:
24th December: 10am – 2pm
25th & 26th December: closed
27th, 28th, 29th December: 10am – 6pm
30th December: closed
31st December: 11am – 4pm
1st January: closed
Normal trading hours will resume on 2nd January.
Until Next Time… Happy Knitting!