Retail Assistant – part time (weekends), maternity cover
We are looking for a part-time retail assistant to work alongside our team in Brighton on Saturdays and some Sundays. We are a busy yarn shop with a thriving online store. Our customers come to us for our expert knowledge and high level of service. The role will be perfect for someone who is friendly, organised, enthusiastic and enjoys being busy. This is a maternity cover position.
The retail customer service role includes:
– serving customers in the shop
– fulfilling online orders
– assisting with visual merchandising
– processing incoming stock and inventory checks
– answering customer queries over email and phone
– keeping the shop tidy and presentable
– assisting with events on or off site
– excellent customer service skills
– good knowledge of yarns and knitting and crochet
– a passion for craft and creativity
– excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word
– organised, self-motivated, with the ability to take the initiative and undertake other duties as reasonably required in order to deliver work to a high standard
– a friendly, confident and professional demeanour, with the ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers
– knowledge of Ravelry
– an ability to edit photographs and create simple graphics
– experience in updating websites
This is a part-time maternity cover position with a minimum of 8 hours per week. Salary, £10.42 per hour. To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.
Deadline: 10th December 2023.
Start date: Week beginning 1st January 2024