Buying for a knitting or crochet enthusiast or dropping a few hints to your loved ones? This gift guide shows you the best crafting gifts. From stocking fillers to more substantial things for under the tree.
Category: Stocking Fillers
- Kelmscott Tiny Scissors – Tiny enough to fit in any knitter’s tool case. Bring a pop of colour to someone’s life with these adorable scissors.
- Zauberperlen – This 4ply gradient set is made up from 7 mini balls of yarn which slowly change colour, carrying one strand on from the colour beside it making for a seven stage ombre. Perfect for creating beautiful fade projects!
- Darn It! – The perfect addition to any knitters bag. Pull it out whenever a little hole appears and DARN IT!
- I Love Handles – Leather Wrist Ruler – This stylish Leather Wrist Ruler is a leather bracelet engraved with both inch and centimetre measurements. Perfect for on the go measuring or even just so you don’t have to get up off the sofa!
Category: Under The Tree
- Deluxe Tool Gift Set – The Deluxe Tool Kit comes with all the tools you need in one handy tin box, with a little bit of extra sparkle! This tool set would be the perfect gift for any knitter, novice or pro.
- Beehive Yarns – Audrey Set – Exclusive to YAK, these limited edition Audrey sets by Beehive Yarns, come with 100g (425m) of a main, variegated yarn alongside three complimentary mini skeins each of 25g (85m). All together that’s 680m of hand dyed yarn goodness! Over 50% of stock has already sold – once they are gone, they are gone!
- Worsted – Worsted – A Knitwear Collection Curated by Aimée Gille of La Bien Aimée is a knitwear collection featuring 14 patterns by 10 incredible designers. The designers all have their unique style and speak to many kinds of knitters. Now they come together to form a beautifully cohesive collection.
- Arbon Socks – Frome Fairisle – The Frome Fairisle sock is one of Arbon Socks newer designs, knitted in a very soft Falklands Corriedale wool with 30% polyamide for stretch and durability. This is a slightly longer dress sock with a plain knitted heel, toe and plain ribbed cuff.
Category: Learn Something New
- The Workaday Socks Kit – Take your first steps into the world of sock knitting with the Workaday Socks Kit. Great to step-up your knitting skills, this project is best suited to intermediate knitters who can follow a pattern with confidence.
- Macramé Starter Pack – Start your macramé journey with our Macramé Starter Pack! It contains everything you need to get started with this wonderful craft: a copy of Macramé by Fanny Zedeniuis, 2 cones of Bobbiny 3.00mm macramé cord (200m total), a YAK project bag and a selection of hoops, beads and dowels
- Sandnes Barn – Kids Kit – An adorable children’s knitting kit designed by Sandnes Garn! It includes all the things your little ones need to learn how to knit. Simple tutorials on how to cast on, bind off and knit accompany the collection.
- Whole Punching – Abstract Floral Beginner Kit – Explore the joyful and relaxing world of punch needle, with designs that will take pride of place in your home! This beginner level punch needle kit features an abstract floral design by Berlin based print designer Alice Moore.
We hope this helped! If you’re still unsure remember that we also sell gift cards that can be used both online and in store. Last but not least our opening hours will be slightly altered around Christmas and New Year:
Mon 13th, 10am – 6pm
Sat 18th, 10am – 8pm
Mon 20th – Wed 22nd, 10am -6pm
Thurs 23rd, 10am – 8pm
24th, 25th, 26, 27th, CLOSED
Tues 28th – Fri 31st, 10am – 6pm
Sat 1st, CLOSED
Normal trading hours will resume on Sunday 2nd January.
Until Next Time… Happy Knitting!